The rules of Shantigram Sports Meet are the rules and regulations that govern the play, officiating, equipment and procedures of play.
General Rules and Regulation
- Participation to Shantigram Sports Meet is open only to residents of Shantigram Township.
- All participants have to submit the online registration form on or before 26th January 2021.
- Participants for Football and Tug of War events have to report at the football ground at Shantigram township on Janaury 30, 2021 at 7:30 am
- Participants for the Cricket event have to report at the cricket ground at Shantigram township on January 31, 2021 at 7:30 am
- Captain of each team will be assigned by the organizing committee
- Captain has to ensure each member of his / her team is the resident to Shantigram Township.
- The tournament is organized on a knock out basis.
- Teams has to report at least half an hour before the commencement of the game, failing which the match shall be considered a walkover
- If the match is interrupted due to unavoidable circumstances, the rest of the game will be continued at suitable time fixed by the organizers.
- Referee’s / Umpires decision is final in all aspects pertaining to the games.
- Unruly behavior by the team players or its supporters shall lead to disqualification from the tournament.
- Any causality will be responsibility of the team; the organizers will provide first aid only.
Laws of the game
- Unless stated otherwise in these Rules and Regulations, all matches shall be played with the laws as promulgated by the International Federations / Association
- If it is discovered that any participant is not a resident of the shantigram Township during any match, the result achieved by the team will be forfeited.
- The Organiser reserves the right to postpone any match or make any alternative arrangements under special circumstances. Should anything unforeseeable happen during a match, the referee on the spot or the Organiser will decide whether the match should continue or not and the participants shall not raise objection.
- Each team must report at the scheduled time for the match.
- Any team that fails to report 5 minutes after the official commencement time, the walkover to the opponent will be awarded.
- Participants must wear proper attire during the competition and must bring along their own rackets